When you revise a story created by a bot, please look out for the following criteria:
- Does the article contain the whole story? I've tried to make the bot group together multi-chapter stories as much as possible, but the only reliable indicator that was not terribly dificult to implement is the chapter number. Pastes with the same prefix to the first number in their title get grouped together. Sometimes however, there are spelling mistakes in the paste title or some parts of the story have a different name alltogether (for example when the chapter numbers are expressed through roman numbers). Since the bot doesn't handle these cases, they need to be corrected manually.
- Add a summary on top of the page. Add a small summary on top of the page that shortly describes the concept of the story. If possible, don't put any spoilers in the summary.
- Fix unicode errors when necessary The transition from a file to a MediaWiki article does not handle unicode characters well. Such characters will be displayed as question marks in the article. I'm already making the bot convert frequently used problematic characters, such as angled double quotation marks to regular double quotation marks, but I'm likely not catching everything. If there are a lot of unicode errors in the article, please copy the original text from the writefag's pastebin and put it in the article manually. This will fix the errors.
- Add categories when appropriate. The bot checks for character names and erotic language and adds category tags accordingly, but not all categories can be added algorithmically, nor is the bot necessarily correct in his judgement. Please manually edit character categories and add the following categories when appropriate:
- One category that describes the current state of the story ([[category:finished]] / [[category:active]] / [[category:unfinished]]; a story is considered unfinished when it hasn't received an update in over six months.)
- Categories for any associated generals ([[category:AiE]], [[category:MLO]] etc.)
- Categories for any occuring fetishes ([[category:Foalcon]], [[category:Predator Fetish]] etc); Please remember to also add [[category:fetish]] if any of the fetishes are considered weird (by /mlp/ standards) to make the filtering of any such fetishes easier.
- Categories for any major themes the story makes use of ([[category:Comedy]], [[category:tragedy]], [[category:humanized]], [[category:EqG]], [[category:Slice of Life]], [[category:dragons]], etc.)
- Delete garbage category tags. Since the bot makes use of tags the author provides in the paste title (like this: -story title-(-tag-)), it will sometimes add nonsensical tags, like chapter numbers or chapter titles put between brackets. Please delete those since they are not useful for sorting.
- Remove the revision tag. The revision category is used for pages that have not been checked by users yet. Since the bot will sometimes change the pages in that category, all changes might be lost with the next update if you do not remove [[category:revision]] from the bottom of the page. Please do not delete tags describing the version of the bot used for creating the page.
This list is not necessarily complete. If you feel like there's something else that needs to be done or if some of these steps are not appropriate, adjust the list as needed.
Why is revision important?
My ultimate goal for this website is to create a large database of stories that can be sorted and filtered in a convenient way. The amount of stories on this website is so large however, it would take a single person revising ten stories per day six years to work through everyting. This is why I ultimately need your help with this.